"Gosh dang bug bit me on my sit-upon! Someone's gonna have to to suck out this poison... Don't you all jump up at once now."
I am thankful for my job. It's a drain on my time and energy, when I would rather by home with BooBear. However, at a time when a lot of people are out of work and can't find full time employment, I am very thankful to have a job. It puts a roof over our heads and food on the table. I can take BooBear to the doctor whenever he needs it. It's peace of mind in troubled times. I am glad that as a teacher my work makes a difference. Sometimes there are bad days when I wonder if the kids are learning anything. But there are times when kids ask questions and we have sincere discussions. Working with at risk kids is a mixture of stress, heartbreak and victory. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to teach my IB 20th Century History class - it was my favorite class in high school and my dream to someday teach that class. So, teaching that class is the fulfillment of my dream.
6 years ago
1 comment:
Atlantis! I think my favorite are the four food groups, beans, bacon, grease and lard.
Post a Comment