Thursday, March 11, 2010

21

Conference today consisted of one of the men who wrote the book - the 80 year old one - sitting in a chair with a microphone. Could hardly see him, and nothing else interesting to look at. Good information, but not the best delivery. Meanwhile we were squished in to the conference room at the hotel like sardines. I brought my laptop thinking I would take notes, but the seating was so tight it was impossible. If you uncrossed your arms or crossed your legs you hit someone. Meanwhile, pumping in the ladies room was not pleasant either. No couch or lounge area, and they were cleaning so the door wasn't even shut - at one point a male staff member walked in to talk to the maid. Yeah. I had to use a stall. I also had to pump during the instruction time because the lines were out the door and down the hall during the actual potty break and there were only three stalls for a few hundred people. I am just glad I don't have to go through that everyday to pump. Ugh. I wonder what the maid thought I was doing in the stall...screwing on bottle lids and stuff.

Tonight for dinner I made chicken vegetable soup. I used carrots and potatoes that my VT gave me from her cellar - grown in her garden last summer - and perfect for stewing. So good!

One more day until the weekend!

I think we need a humorous movie line for a day like today:
"The man in the store had no nuts?"

more from the same movie:
"Gas!"
"I can't help it, I'm old."
"Not that kind of gas, the kind that kills!"
"It doesn't smell that bad to me."

1 comment:

Valinda said...

Wow, that conference sucked!

You probably just gave the maid something to gossip about, you'll never see her ever again.

Never saw that movie either, I'm going to have a long Netflix list!