Today we took BooBear for his 6 month check up an immunizations. Here are his stats:
Weight: 17 lbs 1 oz - 50%
Height: 27 3/4 inches - 90%
Head: 43 cm - 45%
We bought some different first foods at the store today, so we can give solid foods another try. Oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas. I cooked a sweet potato tonight so it will be ready for mashing tomorrow. We'll give that a try first. The doctor agreed that we should avoid rice for a while.
I spoke to the doctor about my gall stones. She said that since the stones were already identified and diagnosed during my pregnancy ultrasound, the next step is to get in touch with the surgeon to schedule surgery. Scary. But I really need to get on that. I know a lot of teachers schedule these kinds of things during spring break. I might have to do that, since there are NO breaks between now and then. It's a same day procedure, but it can still wear you out - and having a little night owl baby, rest isn't something I get enough of.
I recently bought a class set of 10 books for my IB class. This year I started out with 8 and am left with 5 students. But next year, there are 17 students signed up for the class. I am going to have to buy more books. Exciting, isn't it? Rumor has it that our salaries will continue to be frozen next year and with decreased enrollment, they may have to get rid of 4 teachers for next year. What frozen salaries means to me - This is my 6th year working at this school, and I am still being paid the salary of a first year teacher. I will be eligible for tenure after one more year - but will still be paid the same as a new hire. Fun, huh?
Two more weeks left in the term - so much to get done. We are also supposed to have half of the ESL testing done by next Tuesday - while one of my Aides has been out sick all week with a nasty secondary infection. Then next week the district comes to check a random sampling of our cum files to see if we are up to date on all the ESL paperwork for each student. Oh, and my IB students turned in their extended essays and TOK essays this week - they made a new rule that you have to get at least a 1 on your extended essay or you don't get the diploma. Next week they turn in their Historical Investigations, which I then must grade and send off to IB by the end of the month. It's getting a little busy.
"Whenever I have to do something quick, I always bring a turtle."
6 years ago
4 comments:
Hmmmm I don't know..... in Swan Princess they use Speed....he's a fast turtle so I'm going to guess that.
That really sucks about your pay.
I don't know about today's or yesterday's, but I'm going to be watching at the end of the month-- they are both super wonderful.
Tami agrees with V that it sounds like something jean bob or puffin would say...
Your baby and mine are about the same size. He was 29 inches long. I am happy to see that my baby is not the only big kid out there.
Post a Comment