Thursday, March 18, 2010

14

Movie line:
"Oh, right. That's a harp and that's a dress."
"Robe!"

Teaching for the first time can be hard, and it is hard not to jump in when you are the regular teacher - tomorrow I will try not to jump in as much as I did today. The font on the powerpoint was too small for the kids in the back to see it. She talked too quietly. She was well prepared and handled the kids well. When one of the kids asked where he could find info about the current health care bill, and she said that she got her info from watching a couple youtube interviews, I was a little disappointed. It also helped me understand why her info on the bill was very general. I told the student that he could also go to the white house's official website, as well as the senate and house of reps sites and look up each bill or congressman there. She is only teaching these two days, as this is an assignment rather than her real 'student teaching.' Considering this was my SpEd section of Government, and there are a few students who can act out, things went really well.

I'm off to write an ESL vocabulary test and grade a stack of Government tests, so I don't have time to write more.

1 comment:

Valinda said...

Ahh! Something I know! Emperor's New Groove. I love Kronk, he's very much the character that carries that movie.

I'm glad t went well. You know me well enough that I probably wouldn't have been able to stop myself from jumping in, good thing you're the teacher!

ps I think it's time for more pictures of your baby :)