Successes for the day: Last night BooBear went to bed at 10pm, we fed him and put him back to bed at 12:30am and he woke up at 7am. YAY! Happiness for solid food. Tonight he slept from 9:45 - 10:30pm, but he is tired, and I am hoping to feed him and put him to bed when I am done posting here. We also made it to sunday school today instead of just sacrament meeting since he woke up early enough. Yay!
In sunday school, we discussed the story of Esau and Jacob - which many of you probably did too. The teacher mentioned that Esau was also called Edom, meaning red, and that his descendants are Arab. Someone asked, does that mean there are Arabs with red hair? I found myself thinking about what I have been studying lately as part of the new IB History curriculum. The Mufti in Jerusalem during the 1948 civil war was a red head. So, yes, Arabs can have red hair. (Terrible person that he was...caused a lot of massacres.)
In honor of the leading lady who finally won an academy award tonight (I was really rooting for her), here's the movie line:
"If you fit in my pants, I'll kill myself."
6 years ago
6 comments:
Dang. I think Sandra Bullock said that just trying to remember who she said it to... I think it was Bill Pullman she was talking to which would make it While you were sleeping.
P.S. She gave a great Oscar speech last night
Okay now that I read the whole post you said it was Sandra Bullock I cheated and just read the quote then went back to read the whole post. I wanted to beat V cuz she keeps reading these first...
AHHHHHH!!!!!! This one was for me!!!! MEAN NANA!!! Yes of course it was While you were Sleeping!!!
- begin scene -
Jack is walking Lucy to her door after they walk home from dropping the couch off at Peter's apartment because the delivery truck has been blocked in by another car. He says I've taken you this far I might as well walk you to the door. Lucy says are you going to see Peter tomorrow. Jack says Be careful it's slippery here. Then he holds her arm and they start to slip. Lucy says don't take me with you and they fall. There is a ripping noise and Jack says is that my pants or my muscles? He then asks if she has an extra pair of pants in her apartment (meaning Peter's pants)Lucy then says the line to Jack If you fit into my pants I'll kill myself. Then she says you don't have to follow me and he says I'm not you block the wind and then he sees her to the door and Joe Jr. comes down the stairs and he says it's either me or him and Lucy says him and Joe Jr says you don't have to make up your mind right away and then she goes into her apartment and over to the window and watches him walk away rubbing his sore behind.
- end scene -
Yes, that was ALL from memory. It's not my fault I didn't get time to sit down at my computer before school this morning and I should not be punished because of that!
Oh BTW I'm very glad your cute baby finally let you get some sleep and I was also very excited that she won!
Somebody has seen that movie WAY too many times. I cannot believe you just wrote that all down from memory.
Of course, I have never understood the draw that particular movie has anyway...
The funny thing is, I could do it from memory too! I was trying to think which line I should use from that scene because it's one of the best parts of the movie!
red head comment...even Hawaiian's have red hair. It looks died but it really is natural.
Post a Comment