6 years ago
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Poor Me!
I was up all night with a lot of bloating, pain and chills. Either food poisoning or a bad reaction to the meds I got from the doctor yesterday. After 4 weeks of being sick, I got some antibiotics. However, there was also some prescription cough syrup which I am not going to take again, in case that was the culprit. I am suspicious that it could have the been the pizza from my lunch yesterday. I spend one lunch a week with IB students who are taking my class independent study. The IB coordinator provides lunch. Only problem is, often it's teenager food. I always bring a yogurt, so that I have some nutritional food. So, yesterday it was pizza. Whatever was the cause, it was a relief when I started puking my guts out at 5am. (The amount of pain that preceding the nausea rules out any possibility of pregnancy related sickness for those who wish to read pregnancy in to anything...I am sick, not pregnant.) I got a crash course in how to get a sub this morning. All my codes and paperwork was at work, so I had to get up and go to work early to get a sub, write out a plan, and wait until the sub showed up, which was right after the late bell. All the while, trying not to succumb in front of my students. Tomorrow I have to attend district training, so my other students are getting a sub too. Still feeling sore and icky, we will see if I am able to eat anything tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh man! If you're barfing you ought to get a kid out of it!
hope you feel better soon! And I agree with Valinda! hugs!
Post a Comment