Monday, September 29, 2008

This is my favorite class...

"Teacher, this is my favorite class, cuz I can get away with murder." "You can't get away with murder." "Well, you don't yell at me like my other teachers." "Would it help if I yelled at you? Do you want me to yell at you?" I asked one of my most obnoxious students. (No, really, the kids got a mean streak, and I have very little tolerance for those who lie.) "No, not really, " he said. We had our first debate. Yeah, I don't think 8th period will be doing any more of them. (The above student is in that class...did I mention there are 30 boys and only about 12 girls in that class? They are not nice to each other). The asst principal didn't show today to observe my class, so maybe on Wednesday.

Saturday I went to the RS broadcast at the Conference Center with my in-laws and Klari's siblings. Basically took my whole day, so I didn't get my grading done, but it was fun. We went to eat at the Blue Iguana after the broadcast. This was my first time walking to the restaurant without Werty. Just when I started to doubt that I knew where it was (there is all this new construction on that street), I found it. Whew!

1 comment:

Valinda said...

42 kids in one class?? Isn't that illegal?? I'm glad to hear you got out and had some fun!