Sunday, August 23, 2009

Still here

I had more false labor last night. I made stuffed shells - half for dinner, and half went in to the freezer for later, and I over did it. My back seized up and caused me to have a contraction for over 30 minutes. This time the contraction feeling spread a little farther down, went away, and came back, but then nothing. I'm not overly anxious, but it's these false pains get me wondering, and then disappoint. It's possible that I bring them on when I over do it, since they start in my back. Meanwhile, my mother is coming tomorrow. Tuesday we go back to the doctor to see if there has been any progress and discuss induction possibilities. I would really rather the baby came on his own, of course, and so does the doctor. I am thinking that if it's still status quo on Monday, I might go to work to teach the IB class. I usually do a 'stay in the IB program' pep talk at the beginning of the year. Word on the street is that the program is "just too hard," so I give them my observations from someone who survived it and saw its benefits in college.

3 comments:

Maria Draper said...

Hopefully the "pain" in your back are contractions that are doing something. It takes a few hours/days/weeks to get your body warmed up to have a baby. Something I wish I knew my first time. Maybe you are starting on your way to have your baby. At least you do not have to wait another month like I do.

Julie C said...

Go Zanne go!!! I'll be thinking of you over the next few days and hope that everything goes just how you want.

Karen Valinda said...

"Hanging on" back aches can be labor... and then the real thing goes quicker, faster, better! You will do just fine, you DID survive IB after all ;-}
love you Zanne, Karen