While cleaning and organizing, I ran across this inspirational poem that I used to keep up on my wall in high school and college. It has meant a lot to me, so I thought I would share.
"The Choice Is Mine"
I choose to live by choice,
not by chance.
I choose to make changes,
not excuses.
I choose to be motivated,
not manipulated.
I choose to be useful,
not used.
I choose self-esteem,
not self-pity.
I choose to excel,
not compete.
I choose to listen to the Inner Voice,
not the random opinions of crowds.
- by A. Starr
Another motto I adopted when I was a teen was:
"Give the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you."
Do you have a personal motto, and what is it?
6 years ago
2 comments:
I don't know if I have a personal Motto but like I told the girls on Sunday the scripture I try to live by is Psalms 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
You were a much more optimistic teenager than I was!
Post a Comment