Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nothing to report...

I am exhausted from all the running around at work. It keeps my blood sugars low, but the warm classroom made my feet swell up. (I don't usually have sweaty feet - but it seems to be one more fun thing that comes with pregnancy.) The ESL classroom looks nicer, since it's in the part of the school that was renovated, but it has NO ventilation or windows, but it does have a large recessed skylight that warms up the room from the sun. Eventually I will get into the groove of having two classrooms, but for now, I did a lot of going back and forth the last few days because my stuff is spread out between them. And what happened to all those files that we made copies of at the end of the year last year? I spent all those hours going through her files and picking out copies of what I wanted - and I think she mistakenly packed them up and took those with her along with the originals and the rest of her stuff. A lot of the stuff I looked for today was nowhere to be found. And I KNOW I had copies of them. Booger.

NST today showed my fluid level is good. Usually I go in the morning, but now I have to go in the afternoon. Besides having different nurses, the baby is more active in the morning and the evening. And being on my feet and running around the school all day, the baby wasn't as active as the nurse wanted him to be. He was moving around at the beginning of the test, but at one point the nurse came in and said, "He needs to wake up. When's the last time you ate anyway?" I had my eyes closed (I am only getting 3-4 hours of sleep at night) and was taken completely by surprise when she used the zapper thing on me to make the baby jump. I don't know if she was even done asking her question when she did it. Hello, some warning please? They have never had to use that before, and I nearly jumped out of my skin. Yeah, my protective husband was very perturbed at the lack of warning. It happened so fast he didn't see it coming either, just saw me jump. He asked me if it was just noise, and when I told him it's actually a low shock, he got really perturbed. And I had JUST eaten between work and driving over to the NST, not like I had time to answer her before she shocked me. Poor baby. He jumped so hard. She shocked me on the side that hardly has any fluid. (He still favors curling up on the right side). I know that this is normal practice to wake up a fetus, but let the mom know before you jam something into her side please! I liked the morning nurses better.

Today I discovered that the registrar had made a big mistake with the ESL schedule - the low level kids are supposed to be registered for both 1st and 2nd period, so they have English instruction everyday. (We have an even/odd schedule) Instead they put kids in either 1st or 2nd, so the two classes have completely different kids in them. That means the counseling center will have to redo schedules for all the kids in those classes.

Tomorrow my sub will be there. I didn't cancel him from coming, even though the baby is not here yet. It could still happen in the next 24 hours, right? Tomorrow we have classes for half the usual time so that we can have all 8 periods and meet all of our students. Wouldn't it be good for the students to meet both their regular teacher and their long term sub? Admin might not go for that, since they have to pay the sub, so it will count against me. So, what do I do? Start my maternity leave as of tomorrow and hope the baby comes really soon? I wish I had some idea of when the baby is coming.

3 comments:

Valinda said...

Ugh! Jr did NOT like being "tased" either and they had to get her moving regularly. She was always content to be herself-slow and methodical but the nurses never liked that. I did have a fair warning the first time, maybe she thought you'd had it done before? Either way, not cool. I don't know what to say about the sub I think it would be good for them too see you both but after that save every minute to hold onto that baby once he's outside! Good Luck with going into labor ... pizza, tacos, railroad tracks, some good lovin'. Life is Beautiful & ice cream sent me into labor with Fred. Walking 2 blocks from the parking lot to Valley Hospital sent me into labor with Jr and well never even got close with George. :)

Karen Valinda said...

Exposure to both would be good IF you can afford it. And do save EVERY moment you can for when the baby is here! Keeping busy is a far more enjoyable way to pass time ;-} and that goes double for the 'waiting for labor to start' passage of time.
love you Zanne! xoxoxox

Le said...

I think you should just go on maternity leave. And if someone ever shocked a pregnant woman to get the baby moving and I was in the room I would probably have to be restrained. That is so not medically necessary and there are more humane ways to get a baby to move...