Friday, August 7, 2009

NST, Purging, Potpourri

Fluid level was back up to 21, now that I am over my cold. Fetal heartbeat was good, blood pressure still good. We filled the nursery closet already - not with baby stuff, just stuff. Except it's less dangerous stuff now, like our Christmas tree and decorations, instead of saws and tools. I had such high hopes for putting baby stuff in there, but oh well. Werty still has a few bins that didn't fit in the office, so they will be stacked in the corner or something ugly like that. I pulled out four boxes that I identified as my stuff that I haven't sorted since the move - one of which had my lesson materials from when I taught ESL English two summers ago - which I had been looking for. Also found all the thank you notes from our wedding that we couldn't find the addresses for. Some of them even had stamps on them. I wrote thank you notes for everything, people just never received some of them. Oops. Speaking of which, I still have a few thank notes that I need to mail from the baby shower...and my dad's father's day card. Yeah. I don't actually know where the outgoing mail slot is for our condos, so we usually just drop them by the post office. How pathetic is that? Anyway, we are throwing away the wedding thank you notes and ridding ourselves of feeling guilty about them ever again.

So, on a side note, I spent time today using familysearch.org and ancestral file to figure out that Werty and ElCid do have a common ancestor - the ancestors that originally joined the church. Werty and ElCid are descended from two different sons of that family. ElCid and Werty are 5th cousins once removed, and as Ddonn pointed out, that means that my children will be her kids' 6th cousins once removed. Coolness.

As of tomorrow, we will finally have unlimited long distance, so we can call people and tell them happy news, like when the baby comes. We will also have call waiting and voice mail - we don't have cell phones, but we have at least caught up to the 90's...yes, we know how pathetic we are.

And a side note to Nan - he may be single, but he's also middle-aged, so no. One of the ESL Aides at work, on the other hand, is single, my age, nice-looking, and has two BA degrees...but now that I am going to be his supervisor, I don't know if it appropriate to try to set him up anymore. Last year, I tried to set him up with Klari's sister, but her sister ran off to work in Germany before I had the chance to arrange anything. Speaking of set ups - my brother Ovaltine is attending a Singles Conference in Fresno this weekend with one of his mission companions. I think a trip will be good for him, something different to do. Ever think of attending one of those Nan?

3 comments:

Maria Draper said...

Does your free long distance work for Hawaii? If so i would love a phone call with your good news. But an email or a blog will also be fine with me.

Zanne said...

Um, I don't know. I will have to check on that one.

Le said...

I haven't lived anywhere that had singles conferences until I moved here and I worked every night during the one that was here. =(