Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stubborn...

We are still waiting. Doesn't he understand that if he doesn't come by himself tonight that they are going to force him out? Sorry, Julie, haven't posted because I've been spending time with my mom. We get a few phone calls everyday asking if there is any news, and so far there isn't any. There have been twinges, but that's it. At my NST on Wednesday, it was obvious that the little guy has grown and is running out of room. There was less fluid and less pockets of fluid to measure (but still within the safe range). Also, the machine recorded that I was having small uterine contractions during the test, so my body is showing signs of getting ready. But it's like it hasn't figured out yet how to start it for real.

My MIL said that I can blame Werty because his grandfather came out to see him when he was due to be born, but Werty waited until after his grandfather had to fly back home to actually arrive. My mother has changed her flight from Monday to Wednesday, so that she will at least get to see the baby before she has to leave.

Tomorrow we will leave church early to go to the hospital and start the preparations for an induction.

It struck me yesterday how hard this must be for Werty. Werty hasn't been able to do much this week except hang around and wait. He doesn't want to go too far away in case I go into labor. He hasn't gone to SLC in a few weeks to work either, since the studio has no phone where I can reach him. So, while I can at least feel the baby and stuff, he has to patiently wait and wait.

4 comments:

Julie C said...

Darn! But I'm glad you've been having fun with your mom. Good luck tomorrow!

Karen Valinda said...

I don't understand. Due dates are guesses, first babies can come two weeks either way and still be on time, what am I missing here?
We will keep you in our prayers.
love you!

Maria Draper said...

Since I am still big with Child I guess you must have had your baby before me. :) At least I hope you have. Good luck and enjoy each day the grow so fast.

periwinkle4 said...

HUGS! I hope the induction goes well! Excited to see your baby!