6 years ago
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Crib Update
Thanks for all the input. We went to the store - and they have extended the sale until the end of the month, so we didn't have to make a rush purchase today. (Today was the original end date - if you buy a crib, you get 25% additional furniture pieces) We went to Babies R Us also, and found an option or two to get a combo dresser that would match the Savannah crib, like Julie suggested. The Savannah crib is back to our number one choice. Thanks for the suggestions of using the changer for toys later - gives me something to think about since the changer will be used for changing mostly when the baby is still small. We also have a bookcase that is going in the baby's closet for organizing stuff (the tall one from the living room - we are moving the two dark bookcases from the office in to the living room instead). That will help divide the very wide closet into one side for the baby stuff and one side where Werty can keep the stuff he can't fit anywhere else (stuff that isn't sharp or dangerous). This weekend I did pick up a baby bath for the sink (the fold up kind like Ddonn suggested), bottle cooler for pumping at work (won't that be strange?), and nursing foundation wear (from the shopping trip with Sue and Soyjoy - my new nickname for GLump's wife). Meanwhile, I am reporting back to work in a week and a half, and I received my summons today in the mail telling we when and where we are having our training meetings. (When I decided to become a teacher, I didn't think about the fact that they do everything at 7am instead of 8am like the rest of the professional world). Let me tell you how much I am looking forward to walking across the UVU campus in the August heat in order to attend a full day of meetings when I'm 9 months pregnant. I don't know why, but none of the meetings are actually being held at the school, like last year. Unless, of course, I have already gone into labor...which is worse? Childbirth or boring meetings? Meanwhile, this head cold exploded today. I'm trying to avoid taking sudafed by using saline nasal spray to ease the pressure in my sinuses. I better not be sick going in to labor, that's all I have to say. I want to have enough energy to go the natural route. (Then again, I have been sick for a lot of important events - entering the MTC, attending the Nauvoo cornerstone ceremony...but I don't want to add becoming a mother to that list :P)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Netti Pots are good for head colds/sinus issues and are completely safe to use. Out of curiosity what books/classes for natural childbirth have you taken/read?
We haven't attended a class - I procrastinated too long. I have read the 'What to Expect' book and looked stuff up online. Do you have reading suggestions for me? Something I might find at the local library? Keep in mind that both my mom and my sister's first child were less than 6 hours from first contraction to holding the baby in their arms, so I'm not expecting to have 24 hours of stage one labor.
My advice about the crib is not to spend too much on it you only use it for a year and a half at the most with each child.
As for child birth read what you can and know that an epidural is fine if it hurts too much just make sure they check to see how far along you are before they give you one. Relax and the contractions do not hurt as bad and do more good (I know I am already having some). A birthing class does help but as longs as you read up you should be fine. And pray for a really good nurse.:)Good luck I cant wait to see pictures of you as a mom.
I really love "the Birth Book" by William and Martha Sears - Provo public library has it, or it's relatively inexpensive. What I most love about their books is that they've done the full spectrum - natural childbirth, c-section, even adoption - so you don't get just one perspective, as you do with so many books. And it's a fast read.
Have fun!
-Nancy
The birth book is a great book. Hopefully you will have a nice short labor but they can be difficult too since your body has to go through all the changes very quickly. And 24 hours would be excessive. 10 hours is "normal" for a first time mom.
Post a Comment