We were originally supposed to buy the furniture for the nursery on Saturday, but then my FIL offered us the old crib that all of the kids from Ged on down, minus the youngest, used. It was top of the line in 1976, so it survived 8-9 kids. However, the rails were now warped, and it was missing some hardware, and would require some work to substitute some of it. But it was free. So we thought about it over the weekend. Even though we decided to buy a new crib, one that will last through all of our children, I think it was providencial that we waited until Monday to buy it because on Sunday I had a realization. We had planned to buy the crib at one store, and the dresser at another. But the first store was offering 25% off additional nursery furniture with the purchase of a crib. I realized that 25% off of a more expensive, better quality dresser at the first store might be cheaper than paying full price at the second store. So we bought the Savannah crib and then a BabyEuropa combo dresser that is probably the nicest piece of furniture we own - solid wood, matches the crib beautifully, and spent $75 less than we would have on Saturday. I took pics, but I will have to post them tomorrow.
On Tuesday Werty put everything together and managed to get the dresser to fit inside the doorway. (It took three people to move the dresser from the van into our condo - and then he moved it into the room by himself - my big strong man!). The furniture is all in place and it looks wonderful! It is a relief for me to have that done, since I return to work tomorrow morning. I really needed to have the nursery ready before I could concentrate on work. I am sad that my summer is over - it was nice for Werty and I to have this time together before the baby comes. Werty came to every doctor appointment and most of the NSTs, and who knows if he will be able to do that for our future pregnancies. It was great that I was able to have the summer off so I could go to doctor appointments and follow my diet without a bell schedule screwing it up.
Update from the NST today: my fluid level was good and the nurse took some extra time on the ultrasound so Werty could see. His bum is more in the middle now, and the solid bump off on the right side is where he has his ankles crossed. This makes sense, since I can tell when he uncrosses his feet because he sticks his foot up into my rib at that spot. Some nurses just measure the fluid and take only a minute, but this nurse actually shows you stuff in between taking measurements, which we really enjoyed. My blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat continue to be great. I am carrying the weight more up and down lengthwise than sticking out like a watermelon - so people keep commenting to me and telling me that I look good for being 9 months.
6 years ago
1 comment:
If you posted more pics of you on your blog we could tell you that you look good too....
Post a Comment