Results of my glucose test: fasting - 98, 1 hour - 241, 2 hour - 166, 3 hour - 55
I failed the first hour, failed the second hour by one stinking point, and the third hour I passed so low that the nurse gave me a snack because she was worried I might pass out. I felt fine until I starting eating the snack, then I felt really weak and wobbly. When I got home, I ate a bowl of cereal first so that I had enough strength to stand and cook myself some eggs and sausage. (Werty was stressing out too much to realize I needed help :P). Then I took a nap, I was so tired. The nurse was puzzled by my varying results, until I pointed out that I had an irregular thyroid, which can affect my metabolism. Since I failed two out of three, by ONE stinking point, I am going to be put on a gestational diabetes diet. The nurse did say that she was going to double check with my doctor about my results, just in case. Sue said that because the margin was so small on my 2 hour, I might be able to get away with a little more than she could on the diet. We shall see. I REALLY don't want to have to prick my finger repeatedly. But with my thyroid, I can see why they might want me to do the pricking and testing either way. Booger snot.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment