They were not nice to the substitute today. I arrived back to school from the field trip, exhausted and hoarse from walking all over for 4 hours while I am sick. I arrived the last few minutes of class to find the kids off task and the sub texting at my desk. Worst part was that the students all noticed the sub was texting. The classroom was in a shambles. I had to clean up colored pencils and textbooks scattered all over the classroom, at least a third of the colored pencils were snapped in half...causing me to be a few minutes late to my round table meeting...which means that they paged me over the intercom... and I had to wait until the end of the meeting to say my part because I arrived last. To add insult to injury, the front office named all the teachers that were to report who weren't there yet as "Mr. so-and-so" "Mrs. so-and-so" and then when they said my name, they called me by my first name. The building full of students just released from class, and I am called by my first name over the PA. Made my blood boil.
What consequence should I give to 5th period? Any ideas?
6 years ago
3 comments:
How lame can office people get?? I'm sorry they are yucky, and 5th period too. Hmmm I'm not sure what to do about the class but I would definitely be letting someone know that the class was out of control and the sub was texting. I'll think of something evil, but still legal, to do to your class.
Extra assignments? Pop quizzes? Rearrange the seats if they sit by their friends? A long in-class writing assignment so their hands get tired and cramped up? Those all sound so ordinary, but I remember them being annoying in school.
The texting sub is the worst part of the situation. I would report the sub. The students where just reacting to the sub. But I do feel bad for you.
Post a Comment