Thursday, November 20, 2008

Klari got the job!

My sister-in-law Klari will be the new math teacher for the grade 4-6 gifted program. When I saw the job posting, I encouraged her to apply. She wasn't sure if she wanted to teach this year since her son is only in kindergarten. But this job is prefect for her - it's only 10 hours a week. So congratulations Klari!!!

Also, one of the counselors paid me a compliment today. She said that I have a high retention rate comparatively - that is, students like my class well enough that they aren't requesting transfers. Not a big deal, but enough that someone noticed. So, I must be doing something right. :P

1 comment:

Klari said...

Christmas break has arrived, and I'm finally catching up on your blog!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for getting me to apply for my job! I love it so much, I can't even describe. Yesterday, a student gave me a can of Stevenson's Mint Cocoa for Christmas, and today the school gave me a tin of Danish Butter Cookies.
I'm still pretty overwhelmed, and my entire family is definitely still "adjusting", but I'm so glad I had the opportunity to work this year. You knew how much I wanted to, and I'm so glad you made sure I had the chance.
(from Klari)