Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday dinner with GLump

GLump called earlier this week to invite himself and a mystery girl over for dinner. Knowing that by Friday I am dead to the world and not up to entertaining, we decided to go out to a restaurant. Turns out the mystery girl was a pleasant surprise - one of my former students that GLump works with. She couldn't believe that GLump and I were siblings. She was one of my all time favorite students, so it was a good evening.

Also, I am sick once again. I haven't had a lot of sick students - but Sue was sniffly last week when we went shopping. I figure that's what did me in. Walking home from work in the cold twice in the last week probably didn't help matters either. It takes about 30-35 minutes. Now I know.

One of my Seniors decided to drop my class and only do the partial program. Sad. But she wasn't really keeping up, so maybe it's for the best. She can concentrate on other priorities now, since my class wasn't one of them. (After a month of discussing the Manifesto, a student should be able to write an essay on the principles of Marxism, don't you think?)

1 comment:

Valinda said...

Ahh yes the manifesto and Marxism. Somethings still send shivers of fear down my spine. :) I missed The Persuasion, sorry they ruined ur favorite, I did catch the Jane Eyre and I liked it too!