The dreaded "what if" tangents. Today we were discussing the current economic crisis and bailout bill as a segway into how separation of powers works to get things done. Obnoxious student asked, "What if there was a huge disease that wiped out half of the population of the country, would that cause the prices of food and stuff to go back down? Wouldn't that help the economy?"
"You are talking strictly about supply and demand? Yes, there would be less demand, and more stuff left in stores, so prices would go down." "Good. That's what I'm gonna do. Invent some virus that kills half of you all." Suddenly students are asking to be obnoxious kid's new best friend and be spared. It all started with "What if..."
6 years ago
2 comments:
I think I'll stick with being your friend and we can say hey! You/I knew that kid! When they find Unibomber 2 holed up in a shack somewhere.
It will happen you know...
Post a Comment