My least favorite part of the trip was the 3 hour delayed flights because of weather in Chicago. Having to pay $50 for a taxi on top of the pre-paid shuttle fare because we were so late arriving that EVERYTHING was CLOSED was not too cool. At 2am I happily made it to my hotel. The highlight of the trip was going out to the cheesecake factory with my Aunt. We talked for hours. She is one of my aunts I hardly get to see, and it was a blast getting to spend so much time with her one-on-one. She's a lot of fun.
So, at IB training I discovered that the curriculum for the class I teach is changing next year. Thankfully, some of the topics I chose to teach this year will still be on the new list, but the major ones are completely different. Hooray. It was kind of exciting to be surrounded by IB teachers. The first day of "what is IB" was kind of yawn, since I was already familiar with the program from completing it myself. The last day, the more nitty gritty stuff we need to know for assessing our students was WAY more helpful. One of the most useful things at the conference was finding out what books other IB teachers are using.
Well, I am happy to be home again with my honey Werty. Sorry, Lisa, that we didn't get the chance to see you before you moved away. :( I left Wednesday for Atlanta and there was no time.
6 years ago
2 comments:
Wow you're becoming a world traveler. :) Then again that is what IB was all about broadening your horizons.
Wow, I totally did not you know guys had left town!
Post a Comment