Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Potpourri

BooBear got his second haircut. It looks pretty good considering the fight it took. Eventually, I read him a book while I cut off his curls in back piece by piece without really being able to see what I was doing. When one of the sisters at church asked me if I had cut his hair yet (Yes, once) and did I know that the more I cut it the thicker it will get (Oh, ok), I realized that she was politely suggesting a haircut was needed. But it was curling! I was letting it grow to see if it would curl and it was! I guess if his hair was as curly as the other little blonde boy that just moved out of our ward was, then it would be okay. His hair is a mop of curls. BooBear's just curls in back whenever it gets wet. I'm not ready to put product in his hair at this age, so I cut those curls off. /sniff. I will post the pic I took as proof that his hair is curly. The nice thing about hair is it keeps growing. Our neighbor's little girl continues to have short hair, even though she is about 16 months old, it just doesn't grow much yet. But it is bright red, so that's pretty cool.

Last Friday I was invited to be a committee chair for the accreditation team by my principal. I say invited, but as another teacher pointed out, since I am not tenured, I don't have the choice to refuse. So, I will be writing the report on how our school is doing in regards to following curriculum standards, and providing statistical data to back it up. How much fun is that? The committees meet tomorrow. It's a little strange to be a chair when I have yet to participate in accreditation before. The administration seems to have confidence in me, at least. The funny part was that I had to fill out an application. Under "strengths that qualify me for the position," I had to come up with something besides "I was told to do it" or "No one else wants to".

We are still waiting to hear about the house. "Please, oh please, oh please, be my prisoner."