Sunday, September 26, 2010

Moving Forward

Last night BooBear slept through the night! Unfortunately, I woke up every few hours out of habit. Ha ha. We wore him out by having a busy day on Saturday. We looked at a couple new properties, and revisited the home that is our new top choice. It's the best of anything we have seen, and is in a great location. There is an elementary school, literally, right across the street. My sister came with us to give an objective opinion. It's a short sale, and that often means waiting around to hear from the bank. The bank got back to us in less than a week. The bank's firm response was much higher than we expected. It seems the homeowner had two mortgages, so the bank needs to recoup more. We really want this house, so we are proceeding. It's really exciting to think that we might be moved into a new house by Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, our landlords are going to list the condo for sale. I am not looking forward to having lots of people coming by to look at it while we are still here. I think they are listing it too high, so I am afraid there will be a lot of people "just looking" and inconveniencing us without them getting serious offers.

We went out to dinner with Rena and Mecedes. She is hoping to go into labor any day now, especially since her insurance plan is over at the end of the month. Her doctor stripped her membranes on Wednesday. The parents-to-be are very excited. I remember having the same feelings last year - the desire to finally meet your baby and see what his personality is like.

Werty applied for the job at BYU-H, which took him about 20 hours. It is not a simple process. I imagine that is because every job position at one of the BYUs gets tons of applicants. We weren't sure about moving that far away, but the job position was so perfect for Werty's skill set that we needed to try. In the end, he only received 5 of the 6 letters of recommendation he needed. He had the director of audio/visual for the whole church, who used to be the big boss guy at Werty's old job at BYU, agree to write it. He even had a backup plan for someone else to write it just in case. However, the backup was out of town on vacation all week. And the first guy was too busy preparing for General Conference to finish the letter he has started. Werty heard back from BYU-H. They said they couldn't process his application because he was missing the 6th letter. So, to my friends in Hawaii, this is sad news. To the rest of you who have no idea what I am talking about it, I didn't want to mention it unless Werty actually got an interview or anything. But this week there was talk in our house of whether we were buying a house in Orem or considering a move to Hawaii instead.

1 comment:

Valinda said...

That is life! The ups and downs and the downs and the bummers. I hope the ups soon start outweighing the downs :)