Thursday, May 14, 2009

Woohoo!

I have a friend from back home that I have been trying to track down for a few years. I got an email from her today!!! She and I first met in middle school, and she's such a great person. I located her on LinkedIn a couple of months ago and have been waiting to see if she would respond. Isn't technology grand?

Speaking of technology, I jokingly asked the guys in my IB class if any of them wanted to write my baby sister Crayola. She's their same age, taking the exact same IB tests. (The kids are taking their tests still this week, so our class consisted of informal conversation and debates between the students...not a typical day...not a subject I would typically joke about...you had to be there.) They decided that would be weird - if they married her then they would have to see one of their old teachers at family functions. Well, I had to laugh. I told them that I didn't expect them to MARRY my sister, just make a friend - and that the more girls that send you mail on your missions the better - because receiving mail is one of the only things you have to entertain yourself as a missionary. Anyway, that was Tuesday. Today, one of the guys said, "So, we talked it over, and we decided we would be willing to write your sister on facebook if she has a facebook account." I think it's funny, especially that they talked about it afterwards, but a smart move - you can have many acquiantances online, and you can get to know whether or not you even want to get to know someone that way. So, I guess I have to ask Crayola if she has a facebook account and whether or not she is mortified that I was trying to set her up with some Utah IB guys. hee hee.

No comments: