Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Vote for the Politeness Theory

Not everyone is as oblivious as my students. I told the other advisor for NHS today, and she told me that she has suspected for a month now, and been sure for almost that long. She could tell I was showing. She guessed that I was due in August or September by when I started showing. So, I think some people suspect but are waiting to hear confirmation before they bring it up, like she was. If that's the case, than I shouldn't be so worried about what I wear to work.

The principal came and did his end of the year observation today. I had given him the last weeks as a suggested window - with a guarantee that we wouldn't be taking any tests. I am glad he came today and not on Thursday. Today we did the test review, and he had to stay longer than usual to see me actually in front of the room doing the review game (part of the requirement, he has to see me lead the class in instruction). But next time would have been a whole lot worse, since they are taking the actual unit test. Anyway, it's done. Now I can stop being nervous every time the door opens during class.

1 comment:

periwinkle4 said...

How funny that she suspected, but yay for her for not asking. lol.