6 years ago
Monday, August 4, 2008
Tragedy
On Sunday, we had a wonderful, uplifting day at church. There are a couple of people in our ward who have suffered serious tragedies recently and there were many testimonies shared that were both touching and brave. I remember thinking of how being a teacher I get to meet so many young people and hear about their struggles and tragedies. I believe that yesterday's experiences were my preparation for today. I received a call from my friend and co-worker today about the death of one of my students. He was killed on Saturday in a car crash. I remember what he wrote last year about his goals for the future. He wanted to be a soccer star. He was one of those kids that would procrastinate and come in the last week of the term to raise his grade those last few percentage points to pass. So, we teachers got to know him really well. He was going to be in 10th grade next year. My heart goes out to his family and friends. It will be strange to see his friends without him this Fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment