Monday, April 28, 2014

37 Weeks and progress...

I finished the binding on the baby quilt today. I sewed a thick, one-inch binding because the batik fabric is so colorful, and the back is a very plain beige color, so it really needed some extra color.

So, that means my sewing projects for the new baby are complete. I still need to sew the storage bag for the nursing cover, but that's not essential. Next on my checklist is packing a hospital bag.

Today the doctor put me at 2 cm dilated. I have extra fluid, which means that if the baby can't put enough pressure on to start the process on its own before my due date, I will be scheduling an induction again. But the fact that I am dilating and progressing at all means that there is a good chance I will go into labor on my own. I want to wait, but there are some benefits of being induced. Knowing ahead of time when you are going to the hospital and telling them, yes, give me that epidural before the contractions get going, please. None of this waiting until your contractions are 5 minutes apart and hope you can make it to the hospital in time thing. We'll see.

No comments: