Thursday, April 24, 2014

36 weeks and counting

Okay, so we still have three different names on our list for this new baby. Is it weird that I already picked his blog nickname? And if we have another boy, I have that one picked too, and it is all Werty's fault because he picked Bear's nickname, and now I have to roll with the theme he gave me.

I am getting ready. I got out the box of newborn clothes. They are now washed, folded, and put in drawers next to where the baby will sleep. Which means, I also did some necessary rearranging. Still need to buy newborn diapers, but that will be on the shopping list for next month.

On Monday, I was 1 cm dilated, 70% effaced. Tuesday we had an ultrasound to make sure the baby's head was down. Just like my last pregnancy, I have some extra fluid, so the Dr. couldn't tell. The head is down, but is not yet engaged. The technician estimated the baby's size to be 6.5 lbs. Since my babies tend to hover around the 8 lb size, I am not expecting to go into labor early or anything. He's got another 1.5 lbs to go, right? The Dr. did ask me if I wanted to schedule an induction again this time or wait to go into labor. I want to wait. Let's hope the baby doesn't take TOO long...like his big brother did. So, who wants to volunteer to be the first person I call when I go into labor? I should point out that the first person I call will be the person willing to come over and be with my kids, even if it's in the middle of the night, so Werty can take me to the hospital. Any takers? Maybe one of Werty's teenage sisters would be willing to be the on-call night person, and miss a day of school for a good cause, huh, maybe? I could have different people volunteer for different days/times, and make a schedule. Just let me know.

No comments: