Tomorrow marks 34 weeks in my pregnancy. I feel it physically, and yet, when I think about having a new baby in 6 weeks, I feel like time is going too fast. Today I finished the machine quilting on the baby quilt. The next step is the binding, and then it's done, and I can cross one thing off my list. Since this is baby #3, the list of preparations is shorter. I think that's why I felt like I had plenty of time, and then went, oh wait, I better get going on stuff. I did order a new bouncy chair, something we borrowed for baby #1, and then really missed having for baby #2.
After the quilt, my next project is sewing a nursing cover, you know, the kind with the boning on top. I love the flannel baby blankets that family made for me when I had my first child, and we use them, but I am excited about trying out something lighter and cooler for nursing this summer. The pattern I found on pinterest is one ply of fabric, and I got a good weight of fabric, but then my SIL Dawn was telling me how she likes her two ply cover more than her one ply one because it is stiffer and stays in place better. Thoughts on this, those who have made and/or used them?
6 years ago
1 comment:
Look at you all cute and nesting!
Post a Comment