Change helps me to appreciate what I have. Here are some examples from my life:
Each year I get a new schedule of classes and group of kids. My Gov't class changes every semester, so that's a new batch of kids twice a year. (I remember 2008-09, when most of my classes were only a semester, and I had to learn ~450 different student names.) Sometimes, a class really tries my patience, and I look forward to the end of the semester. But you never know, I could get a worse class to replace the frustrating one.
We have been cleaning our old place the last two days. Tonight we should be done. When we arrived to the mostly empty condo yesterday, BooBear laid down on the floor and hugged it. He is starting to get over his fear of his new room and do a little exploring at the new house. But, he misses our old place. Werty was also getting nostalgic yesterday. I haven't been, but I think that is because I haven't spent much time in the new place. I have been at work or been cleaning the condo until late. I agree with Werty though that looking back at the last 2.5 years, the condo was a happy time for us. We loved our neighbors and our ward. We became parents while we lived there. Fun times.
One of my friends and colleagues is moving at the end of the school year back to her native country. She started working in the ESL dept a year before I did. She is the only other person left from when I first came to work here. She is the best. I don't know what I am going to do without her. Knowing that she will be leaving is causing me to notice and appreciate all the things she does around here.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment