Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sickie-Poo

"How did you survive the gas?" "I held my breath and let Nursie inhale all the fumes." "Sickie-poo."

I came down so sick Monday, that today is my first day back at work. It's the same RSV stuff that BooBear has had for 3 weeks. The lack of sleep and emotional stress with getting things ready to move and spending way too much money in a given week for appliances led to my immune system being sucker-punched. Werty is also sick, but to him it's just a normal cold.

We got the carpets in the house cleaned on Tuesday. That's how Werty learned that all the plumbing in the upstairs bathroom leaks. /em crosses her fingers that we will have a working bathroom before we move in this weekend. Right now there is a bucket to catch the water. No, I'm not kidding. After spending the weekend measuring and going over options with his dad, Werty has decided what area he is going to renovate first. (Hopefully, after the bathroom plumbing...) We are turning the second kitchen in to a laundry room. That sink's plumbing doesn't work right now anyway, so why not rework the pipes and make the space more functional. I will have to take before and after pics. Regarding the living room, we are not going to rip out the plasterboard. Instead we are going to sand down the gloppy textured plaster, smooth out a thin layer of plaster and then paint.

1 comment:

Valinda said...

I think I need a week in bed just reading about all your future plans! I hope everything goes well, we can't wait to see your house someday.