Monday, October 21, 2013

My Brave Boy...and his stats

"Remember? We are going to the doctor this morning to see how big you are."

"Uh, Mommy, I am a little bit scared."

"Are you scared you are going to have a shot at the Doctor's?"

Bear nodded.

"Well, I asked when I talked to them on the phone and they said you weren't getting shots today. You will have to get them before Kindergarten, but not today."

"OK."

We get to the doctor's, and after a decent wait, we get in and the nurse explains that Bear is supposed to get shots today. Oh, poo. I lied to my child. I asked when I made the appointment - I really did - but I should have known better.

So, I tell my brave little boy that yes, we are getting shots today, and I remind him about D@niel Tiger and how it hurts really bad, but only for a second. And the nurse tells him he can have a treat if he gets his shots, and he really likes that idea. And he is so brave, all calm, until they stick him, three shots, and by the last stick, he is crying in shock. So brave.

Last night he reminded me, "walk only on the big ones," a game he likes to play in the kitchen where everyone only walks on the big square tiles instead of the smaller rectangles. "Well, it may be hard to do that because I am walking with Little Miss." "It's okay, Mommy. You don't have to be perfect." Nope, Mommy is not perfect - and sometimes she tells you that you aren't getting shots, and then you are. But my boy still loves me. And I am so glad.

Bear: 4 years old
Weight: 42 lbs 6 oz  90%
Height: 3' 7.5"  95%

1 comment:

Valinda said...

I promised Jack-Jack no shots today, they offered a flu shot, I said no thanks. Luckily it was optional. Maybe this means less shots before Kinder? He's getting so big :)