So, the new substitute Aide decided that she wasn't the best fit for the position. Turns out she didn't speak Spanish, and couldn't handle the Math classes that my previous Aide used to to cover. We tried to juggle things around so that the other Aide took the Math classes. However, the sub Aide didn't think we should have to accommodate so much if it was the right job for her, so she resigned. We needed someone pronto. The Asst. Principal said she could ask the after school tutors if any of them were interested unless I knew of a sub that would work. I said that my brother speaks Spanish and is looking to start substitute teaching, and she said, great! Go call him and then call me if he wants the job. Okay.
So, Monday, my brother Ovaltine will be my new sub Aide. If everything works out, then he will be around to finish out the school year, even if I won't be. I am down to less than 40 days left of teaching before my maternity leave. I will be taking off a week earlier than my original plan, but I will still be there half a day each day to cover an ESL Practicum student and my IB kids' test prep. But, I see no reason not to say I am on maternity leave, so that my long-term sub gets paid for that week, you know? Make sure she gets the full 6 week pay period. And teaching only a half day when you are two weeks before your due date sounds smart to me. I can tell that I am in the last trimester - the tiredness has set in. I am currently 30 weeks along, btw.
Meanwhile, I have been telling more of my colleagues that I am not returning next year. It's getting easier, and I hope that it is helping me to feel like it's a reality. Let's all pray that Werty's job stays secure for the next few years. The Lord definitely led him to the job, so we are trusting in that. He has a new supervisor, with a completely different tact, and he is still trying to figure him out and where he stands. It's been unnerving for Werty, especially this last week.
We are finally starting to get over this cold. Werty has been on antibiotics, since he had developed a sinus infection. Thankfully, the rest of us seem to be getting better on our own.
BooBear's current favorites are: Wallace and Grommit (or anything by Aardman studios), Green Eggs and Ham, baking, and trying to use complete sentences.
6 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, you need a break from all the craziness! Is it ok that I laughed about Ovaltine being a sub? It's nothing against him, I just can't picture him being old enough for that, lol. I think we need pictures of BooBear, or even better video of him doing his new favorite things, just sayin'.
Post a Comment