Thursday, August 4, 2011

Afraid of melting?

BooBear tends to wake up and immediately point outside because he wants to play at the park across the street. Sometimes he brings us our shoes while we are still in bed or in pajamas. We are having a wetter summer than normal this year. So, I find it entertaining when it's nice and overcast how PACKED the park will be until it starts to precipitate. A little sprinkle and the park clears out. That's what happened today. Lots of kids running around, and then 'poof' we're alone in the drizzling rain. I also discovered a new gauge of how much I love my son. Love is being willing to go down a wet slide after the rain, thereby drying the slide for my child to enjoy. At one point a family joined us in the park, but I think the father took a look at my son with his wet bum from sliding in the rain and a slightly runny nose, and thought I was some kind of neglectful parent, because it wasn't long before he hurriedly ushered his wife and kids out of the big toy area away from us. Or maybe it was the big wet spot on MY bum from drying the slides, not really sure. I vacillate being concerned about BooBear getting enough socialization with other kids and being relieved when we have the big toy to ourselves because BooBear can play on whatever he wants without being run over by big kids or having rude children snatch things away from him when he can't speak enough to defend himself.

Ddonn if you do make it to Utah, try to schedule enough time for the girls to enjoy the park - including the water park and water slides.

2 comments:

Patrick Connor said...

Now that's devotion for ya!

Valinda said...

We're still trying to make it!! I'm pretty sure my little hothouse flowers would be part of those people that *poof* when it begins to precipitate. They LOVE parks but it's just too hot here, we'll definitely have to make time for yours.