As my summer break comes to an end, I have been in a frenzy to get things done on my checklist, from construction to baking. The laundry room is mudded, sanded and ready for texture...for a week now. Werty bought a hopper/texture gun, borrowed an air compressor, and is researching technique. Now he is talking about needing another tool for the ceiling and more mix before starting. Argh!
Meanwhile this week, we mudded the first layer to fill in the texture in the living room. Yes, I realize that we are trying to put texture up in one room while smoothing out the texture in another room. Yesterday I sanded down the room all by myself. Today, my hand keeps going numb. But it looks good. One more layer and sanding should do it for that room, and then we are ready to paint. I am really hoping to have both rooms painted before school actually starts in a week. The next step I have planned out will be getting the art framed and on the walls - but that might be next summer's project, because we will probably need furniture in that room first.
I used my favorite baking cookbook to make two new recipes this year - the pumpkin spice roll is something I have wanted to try for a while. I liked the cream cheese filling, much less sugar than your normal frosting. The clafouti (I have no idea how to pronounce it) was good with the apricots. Both were a hit when we shared them with Werty's family.
This week we moved BooBear into a big bed. He was so excited, he didn't want to fall asleep that night! We have a rail up, since he tended to roll all over the room instead of staying on his toddler mattress before.
I also typed out the topics and activities for each day of my IB class for the last three years out of my lesson plan books. I am hoping this will aid in my planning and make the course more succinct and creative this year. I have also been perusing the 3 new IB textbooks put out by C@mbridge Press in preparation since they arrived last month hot off the press.
Some things still left on my list:
- We still need to take BooBear to the zoo. We are hoping to go with Rena and her family.
- I didn't get all the unpacking done I wanted to, still have most of the same boxes since the beginning of summer because my file cabinet is still locked with no key since the move.
- The tv and media appliances are still not plugged in, since Werty hasn't had time to put in a new outlet yet. Thank goodness for hulu.
- Still haven't bought a sewing machine or put up curtains, since we haven't painted yet.
Here are some pics from our summer:
No comments:
Post a Comment