Here is a video of BooBear's newest trick, spinning around on the floor.
This week I went back to work. My contract didn't start until Friday, but I went in Tuesday - Thursday to administer ESL placement tests to new students. I spent 6 hours finding and labeling files from the classroom move. The sad thing is that I didn't quite finish the files for the IB class, and I haven't even touched the other classes yet. I spent another 6 hours on covering my bulletin boards. They are about 85% finished. Next week is going to be crazy busy with district meetings, Back to School Night, and the NHS retreat. I am trying to be upbeat and positive about the retreat. It should be fun for the kids, even though it means not seeing my BooBear for 36 hours. We leave right after school and are gone most of Saturday. With the first week of classes, plus all these after hours events scheduled, I am going to be so tired...and I am going in to it already sick with a cold. Grrr. BooBear has been sick all week, but I think he should be improving soon. Poor kid is still adjusting to mom going back to work. He has been refusing to go down for a nap at his normal time because I'm not there to put him to sleep. But I guess that's the nature of things, as soon as you get him on a schedule, it's time to get used to a new schedule.
School starting is good news for those of my blog readers who enjoy reading the strange and hilarious things my students blurt out.
Friday was Rena's baby shower. Werty's relatives in Idaho came down. I was already fighting off this cold, but it was a lot of fun. A friend of hers did a pregnancy photo spread with lots of cute black and white photos of Rena with her baby belly.
Yesterday Werty, Sue, Enrique, Softserve and Werty's brother Link helped Soyjoy move from Payson to a new apartment in Provo. Soyjoy is going to finish up her massage therapy program at Provo College this Fall, hopefully before her baby shows up. I hope she can do it. I know things get difficult during the last trimester as you get more tired and, well to be blunt, more huge. It must be hard to be pregnant when your husband is away (he's a Marine).
Today we were pleasantly surprised to see an old friend from our old BYU student ward today. She was visiting our ward. She moved back to Hawaii with her daughter, but is in Provo until the end of the month. We should see her next Sunday at our ward again. Werty and I had lost touch with her, and were very excited to reconnect with Jennifer.
6 years ago
1 comment:
I think my favorite part is when he moves the trash can out of his way, that is priceless.
Post a Comment