Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rolling Around

Boo has been rolling over for a little while, though some days he is more successful than others. His arm still catches him up. But he is very pleased with himself at his new sense of movement. Yesterday he managed to get himself from sitting up in the corner of the couch to laying down on the couch without getting stuck and needing help, and he was thrilled. Earlier this week we tried to catch him rolling over on the camcorder, but instead we got great footage of him scootching on his tummy. When the surface is on an incline, he has been able to roll 2-3 rotations at a time. So, we have to take more precautions when putting him on our bed so he can't roll off. Rolling and scooting, but not yet crawling. That's where he is at.

Regarding solid foods, I have given that up for now. He does a great job with the spoon and has started to try to put his hand in my food when I am eating, so I know he wants food. But maybe if we wait a little, his body won't overreact as bad. I made rice cereal/paste from scratch, and his skin broke out all over his face and neck where the rice touched. He had a half circle rash on his neck from where the bib seam was. After eliminating the rice, we are back to giving him formula without any problems. We just make sure to give him formula that's mixed with breast milk or alternate formula with milk so that he doesn't have too much in his system at once, in case he really does have soy sensitivity. Oh, and our doctor's office just said, "I'm sure there's got to be a formula without soy in it, but I don't know of any..." Yeah, that's helpful. He has a few random tiny patches of red on his arms, legs and back that persist, but the big patches of hives are fading.

This week I read him "Snuggle Puppy" by Sandra Boynton for the first time (Thanks for the book Lisa!) and he loved it! Another song to add to our repertoire. Now it' s stuck in our heads also. :P

3 comments:

Karen Valinda said...

The girls say that the whey formulas don't have soy. Tami will double check tomorrow when they are at the store.
xoxoxox

Le said...

That is so weird that rice would bug him. I looked it up more because I have read many places you should start your baby on rice because it is almost hypoallergenic. Anyway it is more common in eastern countries where they eat more rice & rare in western countries. Did you make your rice cereal with anything or was it pure rice? Here is an interesting allergy page http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/allergy.htm

Zanne said...

Just pure rice and water.