Why was he chewing on the end of a very large sharpie? Why does he chew on the end of EVERYTHING? Why do teenage boys do these stupid things? We will never know. The last few minutes of first period I am showing the students a youtube photo montage for MLK day of the Dion song "Abraham, Martin and John." The song starts, and these two boys are bent over looking at the floor. Intending to tell them to pay attention, I walk over to see one boy with his hands to his mouth and face, hands covered in black ink. Not a small amount of ink, it was enough ink to cover both his hands. The rest of the ink is all over the desk and splattered on the rug. The new rug. The school just remodeled this wing a year and a half ago. The largest spot is 2-3 inches in diameter, with lots of half inch and quarter inch splatters in an 18-24 inch radius. The marker exploded in his teeth. I tell the boy to go the bathroom and clean up. I tell the other boy to clean the desk with a chlorox wipe. "Why me?" he asks. I pick up the leaking marker from the rug and head to the trash can. The first boy who caused the accident, "No, teacher, don't throw it away!" You have to be kidding me. No clue and no regret, even though he ruined my rug. I had him later during the last period of the day. You know what he was doing? Chewing on the end of a ball point pen. Yeah.
Also - I forgot to mention that BooBear is 85th percentile in head circumference. What can I say? He is his father's child. Werty wears an XXXL helmet size - any larger and you have to special order. :P
6 years ago
1 comment:
bn 3jhn ;c b tcx ug jb d h nghjuyhg - Love Matey
I think you should make that kid have pencils only!
Post a Comment