Sunday, January 3, 2010

Learn Turkish

My Spanish speaking students asked my Turkish student the week before break how to say "I love you" in Turkish, and I am passing it on to you. Seni seviyorum. If you resolved to learn something new each day this year, there is your new thing for today. :D

2 comments:

Valinda said...

I know some Turkish! Choke gazelle (all phonetic) means very good. Choke fahnah (also phonetic) is very bad. My Grandma used to scold us and still does - "choke fahnah!" I never heard choke gazelle until one of us asked her what it was. :)

Le said...

We can also count to 10. beer icky ewch dirt besh alta yeti sakies dokus own. And chef tolley is peach and peach is umm well we won't go into that but there was a good reason it was one of the first words they taught the military kids how to say in Turkish...