Yesterday work ended in a really crummy way when a couple of students that I had never met before showed up to class during my last period, and one of them became very belligerent during the first 20 minutes of class. I calmly told him that my policies are set forth in my disclosure and he was welcome to see his counselor about transferring to another class if he didn't like my class rules. So, he got up and left. Five minutes later, his friend followed him. Those kind of things are upsetting.
Today, in contrast, two of my former students dropped by my class to say hi. I showed them a picture of Boo before sending them on their way to class. Then during class one student commented that he liked me better than the sub and was "actually learning stuff" now. That's nice to hear and something, I guess, I needed to hear.
I took some pics of Boo last night. As soon as I get a chance, I will post some here. We saw the doctor and Boo is now taking meds to help his acid-reflux. It won't really take effect until tomorrow, so then we will see. Hopefully, he will be able to sleep better. Poor Boo gets so tired, and just as he drifts off to sleep he starts crying in pain from the acid in his esophagus, leaving him exhausted but unable to sleep. And for us parents, we hope he will be able to sleep on his own without having to be held constantly.
6 years ago
2 comments:
I thought it was tough to live through a baby that had to be held so she could sleep and I didn't have a job to be at during the day! I hope things will get better at home and at school. I love you lots and hope you can get a few moments of sleep sometime. Hugs!
I hope things calm down for you at work and home! Poor Boo! I hope the medicine works for him! Hugs and love! We can't wait to see you in November!
Post a Comment