Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Surprise!

Saturday I received a pleasant surprise. Ddonn came to play! Really she came to play with the baby, but he's so cute, I can understand. Werty kept it a secret from me all Friday evening. We went to lunch, bought stuff for Jr. at distribution, and bought Boo a dragon halloween costume. Ddonn brought with her a video of OOTI, and I agree that the full skirts worked really well to enhance the choreography. I get to see Ddonn again this weekend, but this time she will have her whole family with her.

In other news, Werty's little sister has a confirmed case of the nasty flu. Good news, she has a week to get better. Bad news is that anyone else in the family exposed to her won't be able to join us next weekend. This is a scary year to have a newborn.

Randomness - I finally got to see the second part of the Dr. Who episode with the big cliff hanger that I missed at the beginning of the summer. I only had to wait 4 months for the re-runs to show again. Little things that make me happy.

This Friday my IB kids are going to engage in the famous WWI debate! Last year I had one packet of materials to give the kids, but ran out of time to do more. Tonight I finally finished packet #2. Yay! (And can I comment on how much Germany and A-H try to lay all the blame on Russia - which was the country I defended in HS when we did this debate.) I am hoping that the additional materials will help enliven the debate. I will let you know how it goes. Friday is also the end of term, so I have to get grades done at the same time that all this other family stuff is going on this weekend. Hmm, maybe not the best planning there. :P

I had two former students stop by today to see pictures of Boo. They said that my class was fun and they miss it. I wonder if any of my first semester students will feel that way, since I won't have as much time with them. Ah, well. I wouldn't trade Boo for anything.

2 comments:

Valinda said...

No it's not Russia's fault. It's all Austria Hungary's fault! I don't remember what country I was, just that it wasn't our fault.

Le said...

We didn't do that debate. I feel left out. I can't even think of which year that would have been...