Doesn't the title sound a little dirty? Anyway, for those familiar with FFXI, they will understand why me getting a Joyeuse is a big deal. I recently reached my goal of getting RDM (red mage) to 75. Now that I have the special, coveted Joy Toy, a high level sword which gives you the ability of hitting more often, Werty declared that I am "a real red mage now." We camped out the big octopus-like monster for two days, one failed attempt and one lost to competition, Werty tanked it (with support from me and some friends) and I won the lot. Now we are committed to helping Purp, one of our friends, to get the next drop.
Update on the baby front: The first non-stress test went well. This is now a weekly thing until the baby comes. Since this was the first visit, they did an ultrasound to measure the fluid level, and everything was normal. It was really fast, but when I answered the nurse that yes, we already knew it was a boy, she agreed that the earlier ultrasound was correct - the baby has boy parts. Werty didn't come with me, since we knew this test was about sitting still and monitoring the baby, so he was a little disappointed when he heard that he had missed the chance to get another ultrasound glimpse of the baby. Baby's favorite position currently is with his tush tucked into the right side corner, just under my rib cage, which the ultrasound confirmed for me that yes, that really is his tush pushing on my ribs.
We bought a mattress for the cradle yesterday. Sue went to DI to buy one a few years ago, and they used to carry the right size, but they stopped selling them there. Baby Depot is the only store in town that actually stocks them. I now know this. I decided to go with the standard size, even if it's a few inches shorter, it's the right width - and that's what I was most concerned with regarding safety. Another nice thing to mention about the store - if we buy our crib from them during the month of July, we get 25% off any matching furnishings we buy with it, like a dresser or changing table. What a great deal! And they carry the crib that is currently at the top of our list.
I have been holding on to a box of old jeans to make into a jean quilt for a long time. Finally I am doing something about it. (I ran across the box as I was clearing out stuff in the back bedroom). The last two days I cut off all the legs and ripped apart seams. Last night, I started tinkering with a different layout design. Now I need to borrow a sewing machine and just get it done. I'm not as thrilled with the idea of a jean quilt as I once was, but that's probably because I'm baby obsessed these days, and would rather be making a quilt for him. If I get it done and it turns out ok, I will post pics.
Six weeks to go, and even less until summer break is over, as one of my students reminded me at church today. "Summer is almost over. I'm so sad. I don't want to go back to school yet" Amen, sister. Don't tell me that summer is almost over...I have so much left to do before the baby comes...and I'm in no hurry right now to deliver this baby!
6 years ago
5 comments:
Congratulations on your dirty item :) I'm glad you got another glimpse of baby, that was my favorite part of those boring tests. Good Luck getting all that stuff done, I'm feeling your pain. - Valinda
How come they are doing non-stress tests so early & weekly? And I totally didn't understand the first paragraph but I was happy the title of your post had my name in it. =)
Wow. So much cool stuff. Did you keep the pockets of the jeans too? A lady in my home ward made me a jean quilt and it is actually really fun to have a few pockets on it for when you're bored.
I can not even imagine having a baby butt hitting my ribcage. Wow. That must have been exciting to see the sonogram. I've been knitting furiously to finish his toy, but then I hurt my finger so I have to take a break. I will make it though!
sounds like you've got all sorts of exciting stuff going on there! I remember after I had T.J. thinking, "wow, I can breath, my lungs aren't squished any more!" hopefully your little guy finds a new spot to camp! Your jean quilt design sounds cool! I need to do that too. . .
Post a Comment