I'm still plugging along on the quilt. It has changed design a couple of times in the past few days. The jean legs will form semi-circles that create an outline of coils, like a segmented snake. I did keep all the pockets - originally I was going to place them here and there for fun, like Julie's comment - but now they are going to be scales on the back of the coils. I drew a cartoony design for a head - and voila - it's going to be the Lochness monster quilt. So far, I have the coils cut and pinned. I really need to sew that first before I can do anything else.
In other news, Werty's laptop died. Looks like it needs a new motherboard, so it's going to cost a little over $400, which is not good news this time of year. So, he is going to look around and decide if it is worth fixing or if he should apply that $400 to a new machine that will last longer. Until he figures something out, he will continue to use my machine...and we can't play online together. Right now he is waiting for me to get off my computer so he can ue it. :P
6 years ago
1 comment:
Oh sweet! It sounds really cool! I like the idea of making scales too.
Post a Comment