Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jeopardy last night

Final question on Jeopardy last night asked which aboreal region was made famous by one of its princes who was known for impaling people...let's see now...Vlad the impaler...believed to be a possible origin of the Vampire myth...which is the reason why Count Dracula is traditionally from TRANSYLVANIA! One of the contestants got it right, but the other two answers were hilarious, so I wanted to share:

"The Dracula Tree Forest"

"The Bloody Forest"

I guess it's nice that they knew the definition of aboreal - pertaining to something tree-like or wooded area...but if you knew the connection between the impaler and Dracula...how could you not know that Vlad or Dracula was from Transylvania?

4 comments:

periwinkle4 said...

lol!

Valinda said...

That is so awesome! I love it when they give such random answers. I missed it because I was headed to YW, thanks for sharing. :)

Le said...

See now I would have gotten Transylvania cuz I haven't got a clue what aboreal means (well now I do but you know what I mean)

Heidi said...

I was so floored by their inability to get the VERY OBVIOUS answer that I think I yelled at the TV. Dead funny. And also sad.