I came down really sick last Thursday with a flu bug, and have been sick ever since. I barely managed to make it through Friday's funeral, followed by the NHS SpEd dinner dance that night I had to chaperon. Friday was a long day - 7am to 9pm, and I was SOO sick. In the end, I was glad that I went to my Aunt's funeral, and I hope that I didn't infect anyone. Saturday was lunch with my mom (in town for a couple days and the funeral), grandparents, cousins, and local siblings. That evening my sister Sue had an open house to show off their new place. So, no real chance to rest.
NHS tried to schedule a 3 hour activity for Saturday (the other advisor is out of town) without clearing it through the proper channels - and I had to say NO, I WON'T be there to supervise, I was there last night - straight from the funeral - and I have prior commitments with family on Saturday. (Can't you see it - sorry Mom, you were in town for 3 days, but I was just too busy to see you because these HS students have procrastinated until the end of the year to get their required hours.) So, students who went to the activity on Saturday could count it as personal hours instead of chapter hours.
For some reason, our school district believes that Spring Break should only be half a week instead of a full week. But at least it is a break. I've been using my time off to get some extra sleep and fluids. I want to be healthy by Monday when school starts again. My biggest fear is the amount of pain I have in my ears and head - since I am prone to sinus and ear infections. One of my students recently had strep throat - but thank goodness I am not prone to catching that. :P I have another student with mono, poor guy. I told my students to get sleep over the break so they don't come back sick - I see it happen every year - they come back more sick and tired than before the break. And since we are enjoying a week of snow and freezing cold right now, a lot of people are getting sick. Poor Werty is trying to fight this bug off and not catch it. He had a good interview last week, and he doesn't want to be sick for the second round of interviews.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment