Monday, December 8, 2008

Who, me?

Last week I received the monthly "Unsung Hero" award. It's an award that teachers give to each other. My former boss, the ESL director chose me because of all the extras they have me doing, from teaching during lunch to the after school activities and fundraising. (I don't know if I can ever attend another BYU sport event again...we made like $.50 an hour at the last game.) Anyway, now I need to choose someone to present the award to next month. Not many first year teachers are recognized, so that's nice. FHE tonight - go buy a fake tree. We finally decided - if we can find one we like, we will go fake. Never th0ught I would say it, but I think it's a good idea. (Seeing what the trees available look like helped me to decide. Christmas trees should be bushier than these mountatin trees.)

2 comments:

Valinda said...

Oh I wish I could convince ElCid to get a fake tree. I too never thought it would come to this but I've spent $700 on trees since I've been married and I'm so OVER it. $5 and a trip to Mt. Rainer was way better than this!

Maria Draper said...

You are just spoiled being from Washington where trees grow.