Friday, December 12, 2008

Our Family Christmas Tree!


I know it's big, but we plan to have it longer than we will be in our current apartment. Plus, we now know that our ceiling is exactly 7.5 feet high because the tree just barely touches. We were so exhausted Monday night after getting the tree - we went to a few stores that didn't have trees anymore before we found our tree at Lowe's - that we only put half of it up before going to bed. I have been sick all week and only sleeping about 3-4 hours a night. When I decided I wanted to be a teacher I wasn't thinking about how I would be getting up at 5am everyday and have to act chipper and be patient! Anyway, Monday night I wasn't able to fall asleep at all...stupid sudafed...so Werty surprised me when I got home from work the next day. When I walked in the door, there was the tree - finished and all lit up.

Werty wanted a tree that had soft rubber tips that looked more real and scratched less. I wanted a tree that looked bushy like the real Christmas trees I grew up with. This one was the bushiest and has a combination of standard and soft rubber tips. It really helps the tree look realistic. The tree was listed higher than the comparable one we had looked at last week at another store. However, Lowe's had all the fake trees marked down to 50% off, so in the end we got a great deal. We still need to get some ornaments, of course.

1 comment:

Maria Draper said...

Nice tree! Checkout our blog we have some news....