I was working on a few sewing projects during the holidays. I was silly and thought I could bind the quilt on Christmas, in between making pies and Christmas dinner. Yeah, I am not practiced enough in the binding skills to rush it. I had to pick it out the next day and start over again. But I am definitely getting better at it. I finally found a technique that I can do and that makes sense to me. Woohoo! Thank you pinterest tutorials. Got the quilt to my newborn nephew a week late, but I don't think he noticed. :P
Then I got to work on this pink skirt for Little Miss 2. My mom gave her this shirt and some cute tights with a pink flower pattern on them (she took the tights off as soon as we were home from church, so they are not in the picture, sorry Mom.) and I wanted to turn it into an outfit for church. I think I did quite well, especially since I didn't use a pattern and she absolutely refused to let me try it on her for fit. A few people at church commented on her pretty outfit, including one of the young women, so I take that as a good sign. Now I am going to take a little break from sewing so that my kids don't think I love my sewing machine more than them.
6 years ago
1 comment:
My children have no doubt I love my machines more.
Post a Comment