Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tiger's 2 Months Update

Took little Tiger in to the doctor's today. My other kids were pretty well behaved, and we were back home within an hour. Tiger is doing well, cheerful the whole time except when getting his first round of shots. Poor boy. He is such a champ. Here are his stats:

W: 12 lbs 2.5 oz  95%
L: 24 inches  100%
Head: 15.5 inches  97%

At his 2 week check-up he was also in the 95-100% range in everything, so he's staying steady, no worries or surprises.

Last Tuesday we attended our annual ward summer swimming party at Scera pool.Bear was very comfortable in the water, wandering all over the large shallow pool (they have a deep-end pool on the other side), the water up to his shoulders and chin. Looks like he is ready to start learning how to swim. Before we had kids, we decided Werty would be in charge of that, since he is the better swimmer. (I am supposed to teach our kids basketball, since I have more experience there. That was the trade off.) Little Miss wore water wings and played with her daddy. I had about 10 mins with Little Miss in the water, then took care of the baby and visited the rest of the time.

On the way home from the party, Tiger was not happy in the stroller, probably because it was after 9pm and getting dark. Almost as soon as I take him out and Werty goes on ahead with the empty stroller, Little Miss decides she is done pushing her umbrella stroller and wants to be pushed. So, I am holding the baby on my chest with one hand, pushing a 2 year old with the other hand. When something that felt like a leaf blew into the side of my head, I did not have a spare hand to investigate. I waved at it once, and thought the leaf had fallen out of my hair onto the ground. Well, I get home, put the baby down, walk into the bathroom to wash my hands. I look into the mirror and scream. There on the front side of my shoulder, inches from where I had been holding my baby is a 2 inch long scarab-looking black beetle. (Google cottonwood stag beetle to see a picture of it.) The first thought that comes to my mind is the episode of Doct0r Wh0 when Donna Noble has the scarab attached to her back that she can't quite see, feeding off of and erasing her future potential. Bear's reaction to seeing the beetle was, "Yay, we can keep it as a pet!" We got a jar, put some leaves and a little water in it, and kept him for a week. Today, we let our pet go back to the park. I explained to Bear that it needed to go back to the park or it would die of starvation because it was starting to look sluggishly frantic. He found a nice spot under a tree, and let it go. It was interesting to watch all week, but I am glad it is gone.

1 comment:

Soph-Serve said...

So basically, your son at 2 months is how big our kid was at 4 months. We're still trying to figure out how we managed to have such a tiny child, you are so right, Tiger will be way bigger than her in no time!