Sunday, July 13, 2014

Maybe tomorrow...or next week

I was thinking of giving up refined sugar for a week, and see how I feel. When I am tired, I eat more sugary foods to help me stay awake. Middle of the night feedings, combined with late nights with Little Miss 2 as she transitions to her new twin size bed (and a new bedtime routine), have left me rather tired. I thought a week-long fast might get things under control.

I have started up running again. Last week was my 3rd time running since I had baby #3, Tiger. I ran 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and 1/2  mile, with 1/4 mile walking breaks. I was trying to complete the C25k program for week #4 (running 1/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/2 miles) but I ran out of time and the rec center was turning the lights out on me as I left the track. So, I am trying to boost my energy level with exercise already.

Yesterday, I floated this idea by Werty to give up sugar for a week, starting on Sunday. He seemed relieved it would only be for a week, and agreed to be supportive. Then later that day at the store, he bought a package of oreos because they were having an awesome sale. He said that the little voice in his head reminded him that he had agreed to support me in giving up sugar. He told the little voice that they were ON SALE. Well, I got hungry at church today, and the only thing I had in the diaper bag was a granola bar. Sugar is the 3rd ingredient listed, but I ate it rather than getting shaky while I nursed the baby. Then after lunch today, those oreos were calling me. They told me to start my sugar fast tomorrow. I said okay and ate two. Then Werty reminded me of all the events coming up this week, that we have something going on every evening. Photo appointment, ward swimming party, Friberg painting viewing in SLC, and Les Mis at the Scera Shell. And we discussed how we might be picking something up and eating on the fly a couple of nights to make it to these events. I sighed and told myself, maybe tomorrow, or maybe next week, I will start.

Meanwhile, here's some pics to enjoy from our summer thus far:

The kids enjoyed some water fun at the neighbor friend's birthday party.



 Blowing bubbles together.



 Family reunion, my Dad's side, in SLC.



Later that day we attended Orem's Summerfest with Ddonn and her kids. This year Little Miss was old enough to go on a couple of rides with her big brother.



Tiger was blessed on Father's Day by Werty.








We have been using our firepit to make s'mores for FHE, proving to Bear that FHE is not always boring. Litte Miss decided that s'mores are "yummy."

 

 And here is what Tiger looks like this week.




No comments: