Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FHE and Costumes

After we had a lesson out of the Friend magazine for FHE, we went to T@rget to check out Halloween costumes. I have learned that if I wait until October to look for costumes, the cute ones (for little kids and toddlers) are already gone. Last year, Bear was not impressed with any of them, and insisted on being a snowman, which they don't make costumes for, so I had to sew one and make it up as I went along. This year, we found something he liked -- maybe not his first choice, which would have been something I had to sew, a red ghost (think Pacman Blinky ghost) -- but he was excited enough about it, that we bought it. And we found something cute for Little Miss as well. Next year, she will be old enough to have an opinion, but this year I get to decide. Bear will be a fireman, and Little Miss will be an owl. Unless they change their minds. I am keeping the receipt just in case.

1 comment:

Valinda said...

Hah! Teach them young there is no changing their minds! My poor kids are committed once I buy the fabric, and that usually happens in August. I can't wait to see how cute they are.